FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Points Mexico City [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:42 pm
PointWeasel

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by MRMW
Report: Telcel, Sheraton Four Points Roma Norte, A serendipitous encounter, St. Regis Mexico City

Cons:
--Wifi was iffy, did not work well in room nor reliably in public areas on our phones and tablets
--ESL staff was not 100% 24/7 evenings and overnight
--Junior Suite rooms have a big hot tub out in the open, two sinks, more surface room to lay out luggage, exhaust fan over hot tub and bigger AC. The hot tub exhaust fan is always on and is loud, and likewise too the bigger AC is very loud; worse it blows directly on the bed. After one night we switched to a standard room and all was copacetic if a bit compact.
--Standard room has only one sink
--Sheraton Four Points appropriate MDR (min daily requirement quality) toiletries.
--Awful room coffee
--Breakfast buffet with eggs/omelets cooked to order was fruit, pastries, cold cereal, fresh juice, yogurt on Sun and Mon; no hot entrees or bacon
--No robes or washcloths
--During rush hour it can take more than 90 minutes to taxi to the Centro.
--elevators are not rapid.
I am currently in-house and the wifi has improved slightly after numerous complaints by guests over the past few months. Since they know me well enough here, I have a dedicated router in my room so that Skype is reliable enough to use. Without this, using your phone on wifi is iffy and iPad as well. The IT manager here sort of gets it but after experiencing other hotels and restaurants in Mexico with awesome and complimentary wifi, this place needs to improve.

Washcloths are definitely in all of the rooms, however, the cleaning staff seem to skip rooms with some things if they run out of the them. It could be hand towels, bath mats, or face cloths. Annoying but they are friendly nonetheless.

The comment about 90 minutes to Centro is unheard of unless there are demonstrations near Belles Artes. I wonder if your driver took you for a ride, so to speak. I can do it in 10 mins without traffic and 20 minutes without.

I really like Roma Norte neighbourhood more than I thought I would. There are great restaurants nearby within 5 blocks like Aleksander and Franca and there is a Starbucks across from a beautifully restored Park on calle orizaba, only 5 blocks away if you need a fix.

On SPG points this property is a deal in MEX. ^