FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Two stopovers, two transits or one openjaw
Old Nov 9, 2012, 5:25 pm
kaka
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ZenWorld
I'm newbie to CX too.

Is the rule a "2 stopovers + 2 transits" or "2 stopovers or 2 transits" (i.e. if you used 2 stopovers, you cannot transit in a 3rd or 4th location) in a return ticket?
updates: the original call i made was at 11pm. I called at 9pm another day and agent confirmed 2 transit and 1 openjaw is ok. I dont know if calling earlier (at another shift maybe) helped, or it was just an agent making her own rules when i first called.

2 stopovers and 1 transit is defo ok. I've never tried 2 stopover and 2 transits tho. (with the limitations of CX+1 airline it's not so easy... Maybe HKG-oTPE-xHND-oCTS-xHND-HKG or HKG-xHND-oCTS-oMMB-xHND-HKG

PS. I've just found out the agent who denied me 2 stopovers and an open jaw is downright wrong - the rule i need to challenge is 2 stopovers and 2 transit! (in the english T&C, it says what i stated on the topic. so i'd take it the transits and openjaw is connected by an "or" clause.
However, how would it suggest if i want to do a HKG-xHND-CTS//HKD-xHND-HKG!?! and in chinese they are all connected with an "and"! have anyone tried to challenge that!?

Last edited by kaka; Nov 9, 2012 at 5:33 pm