FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sofia Hotel Balkan, a Luxury Collection Hotel (was Sheraton) Bulgaria [Master Thread]
Old Nov 9, 2012, 4:55 pm
skrosvik

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Well, answering to my own question now:

Here for 3 nights, booked on points (3000 points per night), upgraded to an executive suite without any fuzz. The executive suite is the next best room category in this hotel, only beaten by the presidential suite(s).

As usual - there was nobody at the door to help me with luggage when I arrived. Only one person working in the reception, but that guy was very nice. Informed me about the room and the amenities (even though I am familiar with this hotel).

Got to my room, must say it is a nice and airy suite. Must be 5 metres from the floor to the ceiling, nice furniture, etc. Nice bedroom as well. BUT, the bathroom is extremely small and tiny. It cant be more than 4 square metres. It is ridiculous when they have a nice suite like this and they make the bathroom so tiny!!

As last year - plats can have their breakfast in the lounge or in the restaurant - regardless of platinum amenity.

Club lounge is self service as always. I have been the only person there every time I have visited. I am wondering how many club guests this hotel have, and I am also wondering how many rooms are occupied here. I have visited a number of times, and this hotel always seem deserted. It have excisted for some time, so they must make a profit for sure....maybe it is revenue from the fabulous Scandal night club hahahaha.

Hmmm...Luxury Collection - that I dont know. Nevertheless, I like this hotel! GREAT VALUE!!!