FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Suite Upgrade depending by room category booked
Old Nov 8, 2012, 9:37 am
TerryK
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by The_Daddy
I'm a little bit hesitating to name the property. The reason is that, while I did not had a great experience recently, I like the property somehow and I want to consider mine an unfortunate circumstance.
I have seen them threating really well other platinum as i said...
Without knowing the property, it could well be that Junior Suite is the select standard suite for Platinum. In that case, there is no complaint as they have followed the T&C of the SPG. There is nothing to prevent the property from going above and beyond the T&C of the program to upgrade those who booked higher rates or are known guests to suites outside of the program.

Originally Posted by The_Daddy
...BTW they have listed:
Junior
Executive
De Luxe
Diplomatic
Presidential

as far as the best standard select suite I can confirm the front desk person told me it is the junior suite....if you have booked a classic room
Select Standard Suites are clearly defined in SPG system by a room category code under suite award rate plan. It doesn't depend on what you booked. My bet is that DeLuxe/Diplomatic/Presidential are not standard suites, not sure about Executive. This really depends on the property.

There is a SPG property which often upgrades me to suite weeks in advance. That's definitely outside of the SPG T&C but I have been staying at that property monthly, or more, for over 10 years. Most front desk personnel and in-house reservation know me by name.

Last edited by TerryK; Nov 8, 2012 at 10:02 am