FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 'Canadian exception'' for oneworld RTWs ELIMINATED
Old Nov 8, 2012, 5:14 am
pandaperth

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by henry999
Then, at one point, the entire country-of-origin, country-of-sale wording was dropped from the rules
My recollection, from when I was pricing up some *A RTWs back in 2010 does not agree with you. Checking in KVS the current wording (for a CRWSTAR3 ticket) matches my recollection, namely:
WHEN TRAVEL ORIGINATES IN ONE COUNTRY AND THE TICKET IS SOLD IN ANOTHER COUNTRY THE FARE WILL BE THAT APPLICABLE FROM THE COUNTRY OF ORIGIN CONVERTED TO THE CURRENCY OF THE COUNTRY OF SALE AT THE BANKERS SELLING RATE.
The important difference between this wording and the wording in Oneworld ticket rules is that *A rules do NOT then go one to state
THE RESULTANT FARE MUST NOT BE LOWER THAN FROM THE COUNTRY OF SALE.

Also, IMHO the wording of the *A rule is much clearer that the wording of the OW rule, which is:
When travel originates in a country for which a specific local currency fares is published and the ticket is sold in another country, the fare will be that published for the country of origin converted to the currency of the country of sale at the bank selling rate. The resultant fare must not be lower than from the country of sale.
So for countries that do not have a local currency fare (for example Sth America and some African countries where the fares are published in USD), the conversion does not take place?
And for such fares, the issue of the fare perhaps being lower than in the country of sale does not arise?