FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is an "average" cost to obtain 1K
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 2012, 8:04 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mitchmu
My argument is that 1K is only worth having for GPUs that get you out of hell on long flights. ....
others see it as a trophy / hobby / status symbol and others see as a way to general significant RDMs for premium cabin international travel

personally, I try to minimze my time in a airplane others enjoy --- each to their won.

Originally Posted by mitchmu
...And, as for you, "4 figure" means anything from 1,000 to 9,999. That's a big range. I'm questioning some of these $3-4K numbers. If you told me you were at $8-9K, it would be easier to for me to comprehend.
yes, if you dig in the archives you can find the documentation on this. Much of it depends on the use of certs from VDBs (and things like double / triple VDBs) and certs from irrops. Also the use of pricing mistakes / anomalies / .... and use of a great deal of free time (really strangle routings).
Yes it can be done but I can understand you not understanding why any sane person would do this --- I would not.