FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa Lost and Found [merged thread on things left in the cabin]
Old Nov 7, 2012, 8:46 am
CDG1

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Question

Hello,

I left a very nice umbrella when I got off the second flight on the brand new Lufthansa 747-8i FRA-IAD-FRA turnaround inaugural flights.

I was up to see the flight deck and talk with the captains after we had landed at Frankfurt airport and all the passengers had come off the aircraft.

I realized I left my umbrella after some time in the Senator lounge but it was too late to go back to the plane. They had taken her off the gate and back to the hangar.

I remember where I left the umbrella, upstairs near the aircraft stairs. I did not want be encumbered while visiting the pilots.

I have contacted the Frankfurt airport Lufthansa lost and found via their email address giving them all the details. I never received any answer. Nothing. I emailed again some time later and still no answer came.

I liked my good old umbrella, so big and strong. Good thing I had it during layover time as I went to the Air and Space Museum and the weather was atrocious. Much wind and rain.

Any chance I might still get it back?

Is there a better contact than the one I had previously?