FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA sucks BIG TIME [Delayed inbound caused a misconnection]
Old Nov 6, 2012, 1:39 pm
stranded33

BA sucks BIG TIME [Delayed inbound caused a misconnection]

Wow, I am 47 and have been flying around for the past 25 or so, and this has never happened to me before anywhere. Am flying to Cape Town through London with BA, and the flight from Paris is delayed by 20 mn. The staff at the gate and in the plane assure me my connecting flight to the Cape will wait for me (and another passenger). as we land into London with over 30 mn to connect within Terminal 5, I am told s-o is waiting to help accelerate my transfer. When we meet this person at the exit of the plane though, she tells us there is no sufficient time to connect and that our boarding passes are not valid anymore as our names have been removed from the passenger list while we were crossing the channel. The only connection which is offered to me makes me miss 2 of the 3 long-planned client meetings that I was going to the Cape for. All attempts to convince the BA staff to let me at least walk to the gate, which I could do in 15 mn, only meet the kind of indifferent stubborness that I thought until now you could only observe at tim in former communist countries. The only certain thing is that this is my last time to use BA if I can avoid it. My next flights to South Africa will be through Frankfurt...