FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA 787 inaugural IAH-ORD-IAH + a peek at reconfig PMUA 763 (ex-ghetto bird)
Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:42 pm
ORDnHKG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
The next morning, I still worry I couldn't wake up espeically if the daylight saying took effect on 2am November 4th, I afraid the hotel might mess up with the wake up call at 4am. Fortunately my cell phone wake me up before that, and I took the shuttle at 5am (the earliest shuttle for Doubletree was 4:30am)

I texted Scott6067 from the GLBT forum that he said he will be at the United Club, he wasn't flying on that day though. There are two other people on that shuttle, and they were all talking the 787 flight as well, I didn't spot any yellow FT tags on them though. By the time I got to terminal E, they have a written sign hang by the security line, I thought it was a separate line for faster access, but it just went to the main line instead, it was 30 people deep, and they don't have pre-check at E, luckily the line went fairly fast.

I walked to the entrance of Untied Club to meet Scott6067, after I met him, I decided to just walk to the gate E5 to see what happens there. Everything was already set up by the inaugural speech by UA officials doesn't start until 6am.

68 people on the upgrade list !

Around 6am, everything swing into action with UA officials and medias !

The guy that had flown 1st 747 flight on PA, 1st A380 flight on SQ, 1st 787 flight on NH.

THe two captains of the day's 787 flight.

UA CEO Jeff Smisek

Took a photo of myself at the 787 podium

After the ribbon cutting ceremony, everyone started to board

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Nov 6, 2012 at 12:55 pm