FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - oneworld / AA Explorer award with AA Miles (discuss, questions) [ENDED 8 APR 2014]
Old Nov 5, 2012, 5:48 pm
pandaperth

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by Haltwhistle
Hi. I have a successfully ticketed oneworld Explorer award, in large part due to the fantastic information in this thread -- thanks! The trip starts and ends in the UK; the taxes and fees were paid in sterling.

I'm trying to change the date of two segments (not changing carrier or route). Speaking to an AAgent (on US number using skype) the seats were free, she called the fees department who confirmed it was an "even exchange", but then the ticket could not be re-issued.

She stated this was because the trip starts in the UK, and they can only reissue tickets originating in the US. I was told I would need to go to an AA ticketing desk at a UK airport to make the changes. I've called again to be told the same (although I wonder whether this is because the previous "resolution" was noted against the PNR).

Has anyone else experienced this? Does it ring true?

It'll actually be bit of a pain to go to Heathrow to sort this, let alone holding my nerve about the seats staying free in the meanwhile (and my next few trips through LHR are from terminal 5 and out of the AA desk opening hours).
Doesn't sound right to me

Earlier this year I changed an Explorer AAward for my sister (I had bought it using my miles). The country of origin was Holland; I am in Australia and I phoned the AA PLT line in the U.S. to make the change.
All done without any dramas.