FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Forum activity statistics
View Single Post
Old Nov 4, 2012, 5:10 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Your impression is correct, and the steadily diminishing activity as delineated in nsx' most helpful statistics show. iDine, now actually a specific discount programme of Rewards Network as well as its miles programmes is becoming significantly less attractive for members:
  • RN has left Canada entirely;
  • Several US airlines have left RN;
  • In some areas RN is a wasteland with few, if any, properties offering miles;
  • Miles earned dropped from 10 per dollar spent and bonuses to 5 miles per dollar spent, and very rare bonuses;
  • RN lurker occasionally dropped by - does not anymore;
As there are numbers of other dining schemes, TalkBoard may want to look at renaming the Forum and broadening its scope, e.g. "Dining programs earning points and miles" (including OpenTable, which offers its own booking incentives as point redeemable for money in North America including US, Canada, Mexico, as well as the UK, and could enlarge scope to include frequent diner schemes such as McCormick & Schmicks, etc.)

That's my opinion as that Forum's moderator since the old, active days, and is merely expressed as fodder for TalkBoard's considerations of this discussion.

Originally Posted by Jenbel
Also, it strikes me there are probably more posts per day in the Tesco thread in BA than there are in the iDine forum. My impression is that the iDine programme has reduced in size - does it really still warrant its own forum?