FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barcelo' dumping choice
View Single Post
Old Nov 4, 2012, 2:24 pm
wise2u

Barcelo' dumping choice

I got a ton of choice points during the discover america promos, just to redeem them at Barcelo' all inclusive hotels...at 20k per night offseason rates that included all you could eat and drink for 2 people it was a deal.

I just found out when I booked my last stay that their partnership will end Jan 1, 2013. To make things worse I think Barcelo is pulling the plug early as I checked availability in Dec for 10+ hotels and they were all booked up (yeah right). When you go to the link on the choice site that shows the participating Barcelo hotels it comes up as a 404 does not exist page written in spanish (Barcelo' is based in Spain)

I think it's cheesy that Choice gave no notice (still hasn't) that this was happening, and criminal that they are allowing Barcelo' to get out of making any reward redemptions for the last month of their partnership. November has tons of availability, December not one day or one room in 10+ hotels, unbelievable.

Now I will have roughly 180000 choice points that expire the end of 2013 to redeem. I wish there was some corporate source I could complain to, but as far as Barcelo' goes it usually takes me 3+ days and a dozen phone calls to get anyone that even knows they are partners, much less how to book an award stay with them. Anyone have an e-mail for choice customer service executive type?