FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Whole Body Scanners Opt Out Stories [merged]
Old Nov 4, 2012, 1:08 pm
KDS

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Executive Elite
Pre-groping testing of gloves and "swiping" pad

Opted out as usual in FNT today. Per my requests, the groper changed gloves, tested the gloves in ETD machine, set the pad aside so that we could reuse it after the groping (because we now knew it was not giving a false positive), did the groping, used the same pad, and tested his gloves again.

Negative results all around (as if they were really going to find a terrorist, ha!).

But, I was gratified to note that I did not get any pushback to my attempt to try to introduce a little scientific method into the groping/testing process today. Have others tried this process at other airports?

Oh, and I was witness to the confiscat---- wait, it was "voluntarily" given --- by the TSA of a six-inch crescent wrench. Apparently, they're not allowed on planes. It'll probably be one of the "artfully concealed" objects in TSA's next report.

What in the world would be so dangerous about a crescent wrench? Sheesh...