FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Turks & Caicos Trip Report: Grace Bay Club & Amanyara
Old Nov 4, 2012, 10:36 am
blueline7

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Ericka
AMANYARA
The Virtuoso breakfast was American continental. It included a choice of juice, cereal, basket of pastries (yes, very good), and choice of coffee. After 12 Amans, I don’t recall ever being restricted to what we could or could not order for breakfast, but then again, we usually stay longer than a weekend and take advantage of some other property-specific package. Nickel and diming? Well, it just didn’t feel very “Aman”.
I am at Amanpulo now. I was very surprised to learn that the Virtuoso breakfast was only continental here as well, given that at Amandari and Amankila I got to enjoy my favorite bami goreng every morning together with whatever else I felt like. I received a "continental breakfast" card upon arrival, which appears to be designed to clarify precisely what little continental breakfast entails (coffee/tea/hot chocolate, and fruit plate, and juice/smoothie/yoghurt, and bread basket, and a bowl of cereal or oatmeal porridge.

So, since I don't eat breads or cereal or porridge for breakfast, I guess for me, the breakfast benefit turned into a 'free juice with breakfast'...., as I will be ordering what I like anyway....

This is on a six night stay by the way...

Is this a downgrade of Virtuoso benefits, a rule that is not stuck to, or standard for Amanpulo? I now note that on my reservation, it does say "continental breakfast", but I guess it never dawned on me at the time...

By the way, complete trip report will be coming later in November...

Last edited by blueline7; Nov 4, 2012 at 10:38 am Reason: typos