FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My Coke Reward Points [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Nov 3, 2012, 10:50 am
foxberg

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by Counsellor
I think I know where the problem's coming from this time.

After I posted here the other day about the problem, the next day I entered some more of the Minute Maid caps and all registered as Minute Maid. "Great," I thought, "glitch seems to be solved."

Today I again posted some, and was going along fine getting 6 points per cap until suddenly one registered as Powerade. I took a closer look at that cap, and the ones I had already entered with no problem, and discovered something.

The caps that registered as Minute Maid and 6 points had a continuous thread on the inside, but the cap that had just registered as Powerade was slightly different, and had an interrupted (broken) thread on the inside. I looked in my stash and took out one cap with Minute Maid on it that had a continuous thread on the inside, entered the code, and got the 6 points. I then took a cap (also with Minute Maid on it) that had a broken thread on the inside, entered its code, and sure enough -- it registered as Powerade and gave only 3 points.

So, there are two styles of Minute Maid cap, the one with the broken thread on the inside and the one with the continuous thread on the inside. For some reason, the ones with the broken thread seem to be listed in Coke Rewards' records as being Powerade. Strange.

(So, I've quit entering Minute Maid caps with the broken thread for this promotion.)
BTW, it works the other way around with Powerade caps as well.