FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt London do: Autumn 2012 (sponsored) - Oct 25-28, 2012
Old Nov 2, 2012, 3:23 am
travelkid
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by price123
I wondered about an auction, but then
A) some prizes may not have got bid on
B) we would have had to give all information about the prizes (which we didn't have for all of them) ie dates, blackout dates...
C) I didn't want the better offeople getting all the prizes
D) I wanted everyone to get one.
You would have gotten charity bids on all items- I promise
Once I raised all items in a 30 item charity auction by 100%, but that was very early stage, and ended up with a third And with info disclose on website and even in welcome papers, you wouldnt have wasted time during dinner.

But I fully repsect C and D. Thats great thinking^

Originally Posted by price123
We did try to extend expiry when we could and it is probably worth asking hotels directly. Of course some prizes were more useful for some than others, just as no one from US will want to come to Warsaw for 2 nights, there's no way wew could travel to new York or Hawaii for just 1 night.

TK, I wouldn't worry too much about Maldives food cost - I think we spent about $400 over 5 days, maybe less. I'm sure your 8 night stay will be wonderful though. Just a pity bmi weren't bust - via SIN was a great redemption!
Actually the MLE price had a (1st) April expiry, with 2 longer blackout dates. But as it was 1 year of expiry from issue in April, the lovely manager (Kirsty) present at dinner extended it to one year from raffle- as most prices did.

I loved the BD trick flying via SIN to MLE. I did it first time with 4 nights topover in SIN outbound and same in BKK inbound. This routing was cheaper than flying to BKK/SIN only.

Mind you that TK is starting flights IST-MLE now so *A awards will be easier.