FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - oneworld / AA Explorer award with AA Miles (discuss, questions) [ENDED 8 APR 2014]
Old Nov 1, 2012, 12:47 pm
TravelLawyer

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by ukinny2000
I just wanted to thank everyone on this board whose posts I have read that have allowed me to a) get a bunch of AA miles through Citi Cards and other methods, and b) book a RTW Explorer ticket for my mum & stepdad!

Once it was all written down, I called the AAdvantage Award Number (1.800.822.8880) on Saturday, and got an agent who had never booked this kind of award before. So I explained she should look for OneWorld Explorer award, which she did, and after reading the rules for booking she asked me to give her all the flight segments (dates, airlines, airport codes, etc...) and she was able to book it in less than 90 minutes.
Congrats! That's quite a trip! Hope your parents have a fabulous time (and they are lucky to have such a generous offspring!)

Although I have to say your <90 minute convo with AA would have been more than I could bear. Once I found an agent that had done these before, the process took 15 minutes tops.