FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - the luxury hotels of Milan
View Single Post
Old Nov 1, 2012, 11:51 am
DavidO

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Amazed you did not mention the new spa at FS Milan. Also amazed you did not mention that the rooms at Bulgari are miniscule and that even the suites are cramped. Armani service? Was it good for you? If, so, I am amazed yet again.
There was such limited availability of rooms in Milan that I didn't get to see many different categories at any of the hotels. The Bulgari room and suite that I saw seemed OK to me in terms of size.

Armani service... well, they have this remote control thing to summon your guest services manager. I found it confusing. First of all, I hate having to put on my glasses to do something simple (this includes turning on or off the lights). The first time I tried it, my request didn't go through because I didn't "confirm" the request (for the guest services manager to call me). Once I did that, I got an immediate call back.

The next time I used the device, however, I never got a call back ... and dialing "0" didn't get a response either.

The third time, it took maybe 30-60 minutes to get a call back.

My 4 a.m. wake-up call on the morning of my departure came 10 minutes early ... not exactly a favor!

So I'm with you on the service. The Armani spa, on the other hand ... I had a GREAT massage.