FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards
View Single Post
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:25 pm
Marathon Man
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by xp0
Good lucky buddy!
I'm going to need it at this point! Believe me I have internally questioned all kinds of notions on this one. This one has me buggered. I have asked myself things like, Gee man, why does this junk happen to YOU? or, maybe this is like God telling you to call it quits lol, or you must have pissed someone off elsewhere so karma is getting you back. Then again, I am NOT really asking those things but I am thinking them, and in the end I also happen to want my money back and an answer as to wth happened.

Originally Posted by scwam
I only wish I was involved in this situation instead of what I'm dealing with now. Half my credit cards from a 7-app-o-rama this week are tied up by the bungeling USPS forwarding all my mail because of a simple misreading on their part of "individual" to entire "family". My credit bureau has reflected a new address with alerts, 6 of my existing accounts were changed without consenting with me first. And what I thought was resolved 12 days ago with 4 change of addresses for extra measure turned out to be futal. Multiple phone calls to local and headquarters of the USPS has ended up with promised fixes. And I leave to live in China in 2 weeks. Glad I didn't arrange to have my work visa returned through them. I learned my lesson the last time when the lost my passport for 10 days.
I have had credit report issues that spiral endlessly because of some stupid glitch someone entered somewhere. Happened once with student loans... I had paid them off in full years before but then one day they all appeared on my reports and late! I had to scramble for old dusty records I did somehow keep and prove to them I was paid up. It took months to recover from this as it became my problem and all credit stuff was trashed for a long time after. Someone's blunder ruined my day.

All things are relative and losing a passport or having issues like the ones you describe are obviously worse than my dumb WF card and the locked up funds. I mean I know it's not like the bank is planning to just keep my money forever... but on the other hand, my wife kinda wants us to have it not them. I suppose in the end, one can do three things: Do nothing and sign up for nothing nowhere never ever in life at all, or get really lucky, or fight on.