FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards
View Single Post
Old Oct 31, 2012, 9:39 pm
Marathon Man
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
updates

After dealing with some pretty stoopid people over at WF prepaid, I was asked by a CSR if I wanted her to re escalate the case that was already past its time for my waiting 10 business days to get an answer as to why funds were held up. I said NO thanks, because I knew now that doing this would send it out for ANOTHER 10 business days...

Today I found out that's exactly what the fools did anyway. I snapped.

I looked into which agency regulates WF and found the information here:

http://www.ffiec.gov/consumercenter/default.aspx

Later, however, I actually got a call from a person at Wells Fargo exec offices...

WF called from 925 946 3817 and it was a woman named Reyna from the ATM Executive Office. She said they received the letter I had written and she assured me it's going to be dealt with. This was due to my mailing them, not to others inquiring from within. No one else did anything. She said she needed my full card number so I provided it to her and then I informed her I was demanding immediate resolution to this, an overnighted check, and a gift card of no less than $500 compensation from WF. I also went on to say I am writing to the office of the Comptroller of the Currency (who regulates WF) and planning on filing with the BBB among others. She noted all of this and did tell me it could take more time to research this issue. When asked how long she said up to 10 business days!!

I strongly suggested she cut that to ONE day and was adamant in my demands for obvious reasons. She noted this as well and provided me with a phone number to reach the exec office for this: 888-849-1855. Also a Fax: 925-946-2434. And their direct address: Wells Fargo ATM Executive Office, 1350 Montgomery Way, Suite 500, Walnut Creek, CA 94598.

I feel all here who ever run into ANYTHING with this company have every right to know this information. I had to bust my arse for it, but I share it with FT in hopes you all don't have to go through what I have had to deal with. I mean, hey, it's only $1,100 but it's still $1,100! And it's crap too! the runaround I have been fed is unbelievable and yet I am living it now.

Anyway Reyna had no way for me to email to her and I wanted to send her a write up of all my notes since the time of when I had sent my letter dated 10/24. I faxed it all this evening. She said I could contact them any time with questions and if I do send anything to make it to her attention.

I also faxed the Office of the Comptroller the same materials and they will build a case. And then tonight I filed this with the BBB, which filed it with a CA branch of the BBB. I got a case number and will now have to wait for any replies from each of these entities.

Should there be significant delays or twists, my next step is SCC.
Why not, right?

MM

...and for anyone not sure how to handle this and other related posts, I just hope it never happens to you--whatever IT even was! I still have no idea.