FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Official "Help me find a good rate with Hertz" CHALLENGE thread
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:48 am
docsmitty

Originally Posted by jzweighaft
In my research I used the generic AAA HQ CDP# 1; you may want to locate your specific CDP before making a reservation. I only looked at Steward International Airport (SWF); the 49 Route 17 K HLE and 22 County Road 78 HLE had rates averaging $100 more than SWF, so I didn't look further. The 7-passenger standard SUV (FRAR) was unavailable at all 3 locations, so I could only look at rates for 5-passenger standard SUVs (SFAR); FWIW, minivans were the same price as the SFAR. All of the rates I got included unlimited free mileage; here's what I found:

AAA HQ CDP w/ PC# 175696: $1,315.40
Airline or Costco CDP w/ PC# 175696: $1,392.68

PC# 175696 saves you $5 per day, up to $35 on a weekly reservation. FWIW it may be worthwhile revisiting your reservation once new promotion codes are (hopefully) published in mid-November. Sorry I couldn't find you anything cheaper; I checked out Avis and Budget also (no CDP-equivalents) and compared to non-CDP discounted Hertz rates, Hertz is still by far the cheapest

-J.
Thanks, that (unfortunately) confirms what I found - two years ago I ended up with a Ford Flex for $800 for a similar cross-country trip, guess it's not to be this year!