FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Official "Help me find a good rate with Hertz" CHALLENGE thread
Old Oct 31, 2012, 2:43 am
Kylefunk

Originally Posted by jzweighaft
I'm guessing you meant 2013 for your dates? Also, I wasn't sure which location in Las Vegas you meant, so in my findings I searched for pickup at LAS (McCarran Int'l) and return at the West Hollywood HLE. Since you mentioned you may join AAA, I searched for those rates as well; in my findings I used the generic AAA HQ CDP# 1; you may want to locate your specific CDP before making a reservation.

PC# 168210 saves you $5 per day, up to $35. All of the rates I came across include free unlimited mileage ^ Here's what I found:

No CDP or PC: $825.75
No CDP w/ PC# 168210: $786.55

Airline CDP w/o PC: $750.32
Airline CDP w/ PC# 168210: $715.75

AAA HQ CDP w/o PC: $726.33
AAA HQ CDP w/ PC# 168210: $691.75

The best AAA rate is only $24 less than an airline CDP rate with the same promo code. I don't know how much it costs to join AAA but it's a very small difference IMHO. If you plan to earn airline frequent flyer miles (and not Hertz Gold Rewards points) on this rental, I recommend sticking with your favorite airline's CDP and enjoying any bonus miles you may receive.

In general, two reservations is more expensive than one YMMV of course, but I think this would apply in your case.

-J.
Thankyou for that!

No use in me spending $30 on AAA to save $24! I was tempted to join them for the underage driver fee waiver but I think I may be eligible for that through Hertz Gold (correct me if I'm wrong!)