FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards
View Single Post
Old Oct 30, 2012, 6:26 pm
Marathon Man
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
a little update from me on my still held WF card.

I was told to wait 10 business days to find out anything. I had been led to believe this was the 24th, which is 10 business days from when I first called in on the 10th when I first had problems with it. But the issue had been re escalated on the 15th so it became the 29th.

I called on the 29th and they said to try the 30th.
I tried today and a supervisor eventually came on the call who agreed it should have been resolved by now. He had no idea what was wrong. So he could not tell me. He promised to call me and I had to go out but when I came home there was a lengthy message from him stating he had no idea still, and that no one knew how long to wait and to just wait. It went on for a while but talked in circles basically saying just that. Wait and who knows for how long or for why.

I did not like this. It's been since the 3rd since I last successfully used my WF card and since the 10th that this whole thing started up.

I called Visa itself. They handle all cards but could do nothing. Visa connected me back to WF PP CS. There is no other place that handles these cards. I had called a bank office in SF, which is where WF seems to be headquartered but they told me to call Visa. And they could not provide any number to any office anywhere that could oversee anything about these PP cards.

Strange that no party in WF polices or oversees its pp division. In fact I find that hard to believe. But I cant find anyone willing to provide anything overseeing anything on the prepaid side at all.

I am waiting for paperwork from my Chase card to do the dispute but am still very curious as to what exactly happened and of course, if the card were reopened after all this, I would rather spend it out than dispute thru the CC, but I also want this done.

So as of now, I was told by a supervisor at WF that as of Oct 31 at 4pm ESt I will have an answer and they will call me to provide it. If I miss this call I can call back and notes in the system will enable any rep to provide it to me. We shall see if this is true!

I dont believe it.