FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Create "Good Deal Economy" and "Good Deal Premium" forums
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:33 pm
jackal
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I'd love to see a "Good Fares Deal" forum......one where the posts are easily understood at first glance.

I really can't be bothered trawling through hundreds of posts full of riddles and nonsense to find out which routes the fares are for.
The Good Deal Premium Fares forum would not have anything to do with the current Trick It thread (the one you're referring to with riddles and nonsense).

For discussion of non-trick mileage run-worthy fares, there's a place for that where things are discussed in a pretty-easy-to-understand manner: the Mileage Run Deals forum. No need for a separate forum in that case.

The Good Deal Premium Fares forum would replace the single Good Deal Premium Fares thread, which is a low-volume thread that discusses sales (and occasionally mistakes) for seats in the pointy end of the plane. It's not done in code, either.

This proposal doesn't address the Trick It thread, which would most likely continue to exist in the current Mileage Run Deals forum in a currently-obfuscated manner. If you just want to look for good deals without trying to trick the booking engines, simply continue to ignore the Trick It thread and watch the current Mileage Run Deals forum.

Originally Posted by ainternational
Can we please put this to a vote or get a moderator to cast a decision? I feel we are in perpetual limbo here...
I doubt it would pass if put to a vote now, so there's no reason to push for a vote.

The best way to get this pushed to a vote is to make a clear case that this would be a significant improvement for FlyerTalk and get several TalkBoard members supportive and fired up about the issue. So far, that hasn't happened, IMHO.

Note that moderators have nothing to do with forum creation or TalkBoard decisions.