FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wow... FA's treat people like idiots in Y
Old Oct 29, 2012, 3:11 pm
marvanit

Programs: Hertz 5*, United Gold (Soon to be gone), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by avi8tir
I have flown almost 300,000 miles exclusively with CO/UA over the last 21 months with IAH being my home base. My company pays for coach, but if it isnt a single class cabin (such as UA Express ERJ's) I will generally pay up to F if it doesnt look like my CPU is going to clear. Even on personal trips, I use an RPU or pay for F.

That all being said, I have flown coach a few times this year. Yesterday, my fiance and I took an earlier flight than planned LGA-IAH due to the incoming storm. We were booked on an A fare on our original flight but only Y was available on the earlier flight so we had no problem sitting in Y in order to get home (and not get stuck) in NYC. She and I both were AMAZED at how the flight attendants were talking to and treating passengers during the boarding process. I boarded with 2 bags (a rolling suitcase and a small duffle). I was in group 1 and was sure to be the first coach passenger on the plane in order to secure overhead space. I put my roller bag up and then proceeded to put my duffle up but was told I was only allowed to put one bag up. she told me to put it under my seat and I told her it wouldnt fit. she then informed me that I would have to check the bag. I started to object saying that wasnt a policy.... then I shuffled for a minute and let people by and when she left I put it in a different spot in the overhead and it went unnoticed. Same FA continued to HOUND people and was quite rude and spoke to everyone like they were morons. My point was there was a reason I was in group 1 and overhead space is 1st come 1st serve and I had the legal amount of bags.

During drink service she leaned over and asked me if I fly a lot... she had the manifest in her hand so I assume she knew my status. I ordered 2 drinks for my fiance and I and she said it was on the house. gee.... I wonder why she'd do that?

anyways it was quite a contrast to the (normally) acceptable service in F. This whole scenario seems to happen every time I end up flying Y.
Maybe harsh, but seems to have treated you appropriately if you brought two bags, neither of which fit under the seat. You admit you got on first, because you had the intention of hogging as much space as needed.