FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Recent experiences in UA Global First
View Single Post
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:48 am
EnvoyBoy

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Just flew GF to/from Dubai and very pleased. Service on both was excellent! On the way over, the purser brought a fresh glass with fresh ice and lemon every time I finished my water instead of just topping off the glass I already had at my seat. On the way back, the purser sat on the little shelf next to my seat to chat, explain food options, take orders, etc. Very homey and friendly. The appetizer course is a post-merger upgrade, as is the size of the soup bowl. Personally I like the CO vanilla-only ice cream sundae instead of the mixed flavors you had on the pre-merger UA but that's personal choice. The champagne was acceptable. The port was downgraded before the merger and remains downgraded. You still get two pillows, a decent blanket, ton of storage space, and privacy. The IFL in IAD continues to be a joke, as does the fact there is no arrivals facility there. I like the IFL in Chicago much better. On the whole, I find UA FC inching (just inching--and improvements are relative) in the right direction although certainly agree with those who suggest LX for your miles. Screw the connection--ZRH is the easiest airport to make the connection and LX FC is simply amazing, especially the seat and food.