FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - the luxury hotels of Florence
View Single Post
Old Oct 27, 2012, 1:19 am
behuman

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Thumbs up Great report

Originally Posted by DavidO
[I]Four Seasons Firenze
Great report and nice to read Dear DavidO - would all Virtuoso agents be of your quality (and not produce the kind of disasters one made me go through the single time I put my confidence into them) - I would be your customer!

FS is great, had a bottle of Champagne once in their fantastic garden with restaurateur friends, if money does not matter. A real oasis in the city.

When in Florence please go to eat at Marco Stabile http://www.oradariaristorante.com/it/odachef_it.html (a future big chef), the other super Michelin starred restaurant is plain rubbish.

Saving on your stay in Tuscany you can also stay in a noble palace in the countryside: Villa Il Poggiale springs to mind (near La Tenda Rossa, my all time favourite restaurant in Italy) or stay just upstairs (only four very stilish rooms, Poltrona Frau etc...) after dinner at Arnolfo (two Michelin stars).

Caution: My advice is for people wanting to spend twice for dinner than what they spend for a room, but still like it stilish.