FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ***NEW***Baggage rules January 2013 — Postponed
Old Oct 27, 2012, 1:04 am
pbarnette
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
There is no such evidence, circumstantial or otherwise, as some may wish to imagine.

The fact of the matter is the FTer whom you are trying to discuss stated quite explicitly that it was a matter of the combination of price and interline ticketing issues. It is just as fti stated it in the very post you quoted, at least for all but the first sentence in that quoted post.
The fact of the matter is that the fti claimed it had to do with interline ticketing issues. They did not present evidence to that effect, and the available information out there suggests they are simply wrong. They could be right, but I doubt it.

People are wrong all the time (though, I'm usually not). It appears that fti is wrong here, vague anecdotes about people they know having indeterminate problems with unspecified carriers to unspecified destinations aside.

Perhaps if we stretched the definition of "Combination of price and interline ticketing issues" to include 100% price and 0% interline ticketing issue combinations, then sure, but otherwise, I'm convinced it is price. I'm not going to argue it is always as cheap to book a single ticket, because it isn't, but that doesn't mean it can't be done and, as far as I'm concerned, these sorts of hassles are simply part and parcel of trying to score a bargain.