FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hurricane Sandy (and post-Sandy) impacts and related issues (consolidated)
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:36 pm
jbdk

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
According to the agent I spoke with you must complete travel by the early Nov date and if you elect not to fly the change fee plus fare dif will still apply after this date. Sounds like a weak policy given the magnitude of the storm and esp after reading the T&Cs from UAs waiver. I would love to be wrong so please correct me. Maybe I just got a bad agent.
Same thing I got. NYC is pretty much preparing for a complete shut down on Monday into Tuesday. Our NY office will be closed Monday. If I go, I will be stuck in a hotel, which could lose power, etc... I am due to leave JFK on Thursday. If this storm materializes, I doubt I will be leaving JFK. I will make the call Sunday am before my flight from LAX. No sense to be in NY and be a burden. With Irene, I believe the NY airports were closed for three days.

I rather pay the $150 versus stuck in NY another day or two at $400 a night. Plus, I will get reimbursed the $150 anyways...