FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] 40,000 PTS ($400 cash) after $1000 / 90 days for Barclays NFL Card
Old Oct 26, 2012, 2:00 pm
Mindray

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Global Entry
Barclays has literally the worst customer service of any company I have ever dealt with.

I applied for this card 20 days ago (credit score is 820, have not applied for a card in 12 months, never carry a balance on any card). My application is still "pending", whatever that means. I know that from looking at the website to check on the status.

I called the reconsideration line and explained what my situation was. The person I spoke to said that since I have not hear back in 20 days that I my application was declined. Shocked I asked to speak to someone. He left for 5 minutes only to come back and ask for my SSN again. This time he said that he sees my application is still pending (amazing, even though I said that I went online and can see that it is still pending). I asked to speak to someone so we could figure out what was taking so long, but he said he could not transfer me anywhere. I asked to speak to someone above him and he said there is no one to speak to. Clowns must work over there.

So it looks like according to the "customer service" rep I spoke to, I just have to wait it out. 20 days and counting. I have never been denied for a card once (let alone not been auto approved for one). I think saying Barclays is struggling with getting into the US credit card market would be an understatement.

Last edited by Mindray; Oct 26, 2012 at 2:31 pm