FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New- TOD at booking????
View Single Post
Old Oct 26, 2012, 9:39 am
JetSetBen

Programs: United 1K, SPG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by Yanks08802
This is a new one. UA just tried to sell me a TOD upgrade at booking for a Nov 27 flight from EWR to ATL.

I am a 1K and booked a flight for around $450 RT (S fare). I was offered an upgrade for $79 each way (would be a total of just over $600 for First in both directions.)

I was startled, so I went back and searched for the lowest possible coach fare for which I would be upgraded at booking (M) The fare was $1100.

Has anyone else seen this???

P.S. I took screen shots of both screens, but am technically incompetent and dont know how/if I can post them here.

Update:

I went back in to view my reservation through the website. Now I can upgrade for $330 each way. That is in line with the M fare differential.

I'd like to know where the $79 pop up came from. Maybe a glitch- as a 1K, Im sure Im not supposed to see that
I saw this same behavior when I booked tickets on United.com back on Oct 9th, so this functionality isn't brand new. I too am a 1K and was offered discounted $149 upgrades from G fare on TPA-EWR-TPA. When I later visited the Upgrade Reservation page it quoted $365/$265.