FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Century City Los Angeles Master Thread [merged]
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:11 pm
CalItalian

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by aks120
I am currently staying in this hotel and thought it was very nice. It is a bit farther from Beverly Hills than I thought - about a 30 min walk. All my Platinum Ambassador perks were provided and the room was great.

Not a great tourist hotel because there is not much around and it is a shame it only has 1 choice (The Lobby Bar) for meals/drinks.

aks120
I live within a mile of this hotel. There may not be much - really nothing - next to the hotel but it is only 1/2 mile to the Westfield Century City Shopping Center - at worst a 10 minute walk. There's plenty there. Dozens of restaurants of all types. To the heart of Beverly Hills shopping district, walking, it is about 1.4 miles but being that it is spread out over a number of streets, plenty more walking to be done. This hotel couldn't be in a safer area, either.

Any hotel on the Westside of Los Angeles is going to be close to the tourist areas - by car, which is really the only way to get around and see L.A.. Los Angeles is spread out so no hotel is every going to next to more than one tourist attraction. At least this one is built on the former backlot of 20th Century Fox Studios and overlooks it.