FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards
View Single Post
Old Oct 24, 2012, 7:31 pm
Marathon Man
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by liw5215
can you ask them to just close your WF PP and send you a check of $1097?
firstly I happen to already know from a long ago use of a WF card I closed without pains, that if a customer asks to close a card, it takes like 20-30 days to get a check, less a $8 fee.

But in this case, I would argue that they need to close it without said fees, or any call in fees either.

I did this but they said things like:

We cannot see that it is closed or opened. We know it's not closed but we cannot do anything til the freeze is over.

You can see that this is frustrating. Especially since they say they dunno if it's closed or open but then they say it's not closed haha

So this banker tonight who suggested I contact my CC was actually giving me the best advice I had gotten thus far.

And with Chase, it turns out I was able to dispute ONLY the $1097 because I don't have issue with what I spent, the load fee, the previous use or even the first monthly fee I was already assessed in October.

After all I did use it once in October so I deserve that $3 fee. I just wanted to know WHEN I could know things or where my money was. And now I just want out and no more WFat all. I could float these funds of course, but trust me, on today's calls I tried everything. I even tried to drive home the theory that their rules and this CSRs ineptitude was keeping a father from having enough money for the kids to enjoy anything this fall. I need my cash. They didn't budge.