FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AONE4 from Khartoum
View Single Post
Old Oct 24, 2012, 2:49 am
JohnAx

Okay, I'm catching up. If we don't want to save the world from defective websites we do what we always did - plan our trip, make sure it meets the rules, and call the AA rtw desk to price it. The only differences are that we now have a buggy OW tool that can be either helpful or frustrating in rule-checking, and now we're allowed to tell AA to price it at country-of-origin rates for Canadian ticketing.

If the OW tool gives frustrating answers, we take a slight detour and (as always) post here and receive generally-excellent guidance.

And given a motivated and well-trained TA we might just as well have read the trip to the TA in the first place, and let him read it to AA, thus avoiding waiting in the queue for an AAgent and any personal involvement with AA regarding point of sale. (I hear there's a TA well-experienced with ex-KRT ONE's, otherwise I would cringe at my own suggestion.)

Meanwhile, the real point is to hurry along. They've probably already pulled the fare. (As usual 100% blame on FT for doing what we expect it to do, i.e. spreading the word far and wide.)