FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Munich Hotels (consolidated thread)
View Single Post
Old Oct 23, 2012, 2:45 am
vincentb89

Originally Posted by offerendum
Charles is beside the Central Train Station. It´s round about 5 minutes to Stachus and 15 minutes to Marienplatz, 20 minutes to Hofbräuhaus (I would avoid). MO is direct at Hofbräuhaus, maximum 5 minutes to Marienplatz.

View is not really a point in Munich city. The best view is at Charles to the old botanical garden, but it´s nothing really special. MO is in a byroad, no really spectacular views. From VJ you have views on the Maximilianstrasse, but it´s also nothing I would pay money for.

I prefer the rooms at the Charles, but it´s a personal preference. The MO is a classic hotel, perhaps a little to classic for some people. Charles is more modern and has an indoor pool. The restaurant at MO is Michelin-starred, the Charles-restaurant is a little overprized but OK (nothing special).

If money is a point for you I would take the Charles. With a good rate you get a double room for 230 € including breakfast/ Virtuoso Ameneties. Under the line for the price of a double room at MO you will get a suite at the Charles (wich is nice). If money isn´t a point I would take the MO because of location. You can´t do anything really wrong on both hotels.
+1
Just be careful if you choose the MO, entry level rooms can have a view of the parking lot, and it's not a nice view at all ...