FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines
Old Oct 23, 2012, 2:40 am
ded0r

Dear LH Lurkers,

first of all thank you for your efforts in establishing and maintaining this channel of direct communication. As far as I have seen you have been able to resolve quite a few issues of other users.

Two weeks ago, I came back from MEX to FRA via IAH on LH441 arriving on October 7. My baggage got stuck in IAH and I did not receive it until October 10. Unfortunately in the meantime I was required to buy clothes and toiletries.
As per the rules I know that I am untitled to 50% of reimbursement for clothes and 100% for necessary toiletry items. The remaining 50% will be covered by my coporate insurance. However, they have asked me to send the original receipts otherwise they will not be able to reimburse me. Thus, I have asked LH if it is possible to send the copies only or signing a binding letter that I agree to not file any other reimbursement claims with these receipts. I have heard that LH used this procedure in similar cases.

I've contacted LH via email (Feedback ID 21732538), but have not received an answer so far. The reason why I am forwarding this to you is that my insurance gave me a deadline to file the claim which is due on October 30.

I would appreciate if you could look into my case.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards