FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Virtuoso - new hotels and non-renewals for 2013
Old Oct 22, 2012, 8:25 pm
behuman

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
different views - different needs......

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Seriously- I do agree that people should be able to earn their living from selling a product- and it is impossible to think that a professional advisor can earn their living from neither charging the supplier nor the client of the service.

So be it, Amen !

Time will show if the business model of Vrtuoso has a future. For me they remain an unnecessary intermediary offering only a very limited choice to their customers. This is not real travel advising.

If they are so good and global why on their website you have only the choice of being a guest from the Americas and Australia/New Zealand ?

I persist in stating that their selection is somewhat bland. The confusion between travel agent, marketing group and who knows what is irritating. LHW can not be compared with, as they are a globally recognized brand with consistency - not a small luxury lodge here and a corporate chain hotel there.