FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any way to get credit card affiliate referral kickback for yourself (or for FT)?
Old Oct 22, 2012, 7:06 pm
lwildernorva

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by The Mileage Millionaire
Try PER blogger (at least the top 5 or so).
Based on what? I'm pretty lukewarm about Gary and View from the Wing, but I'm sure he's a top five, he runs an award booking service, and he's got a stake in a competing forum, but he's holding onto a full-time job that I'm sure he'd quit if he were pulling in that kind of money. Until recently, Ben at One Mile at a Time and also running an award booking service, lived at home with his parents, not the kind of thing you do if you're pulling in a million. I'm sure that most top bloggers are pulling in enough money to make for a comfortable but not luxurious lifestyle. I understand the distaste towards bloggers, but let's at least base some of it on facts.

Of course, given the history, you should just go to the source and beat on Randy Petersen (for those unfamiliar, the founder of FT and the owner of Boarding Area). You know he's getting a cut of every Boarding Area blog, including the money from affiliate referrals.

That's probably because he took a couple of risks, like founding this forum and the other forum as well as Boarding Area. I'm not an entrepeneur, and I don't take risks, but I generally don't begrudge somebody else who has found a way to earn an income.

And, before we talk about poaching information from FT, keep in mind that this is the Internet--anybody can get this information freely. You don't need to join. Information aggregation is done all over the Internet.

Go scream at Google. . .