FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Skiing in Jackson Hole, WY
View Single Post
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:53 pm
djp98374

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Not sure if you have been there before but it can be confusing....

There iS the city of Jackson and then there is Teton village. These are about 10 miles apart. Teton village is where the resort is. There are a few other neighboring towns as well.

At that time it gets cold and snowy.

I highly advise you not to go here unless you are very good, double black diamond skiers.

I won't go there to ski. My brother also knows how to ski. He went there or a conference ( he is a university professor..the benefits with travel) so he skied. There wasn't much there t all for him as an intermediate skier who knows how to ski but doesn't care to ski suicide missions.

There are hotel shuttles from the airport or cmetro area buses. You should have no problem there without a car.

The costs of the resorts are high and make sure you don't get caught and book at a place you thought was loser than it really was.

The cheapest time to travel there or any other ski place like near salt lake city or vail/ Breckinridge will be in mid January to early February before valentines day and president day holiday.