FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Experience with Roadside Assistance
View Single Post
Old Oct 18, 2012, 6:11 pm
TraveltheWorld

Originally Posted by nrr
The two times I called AAA for a tow (each day was warm weather, no rain--so there shouldn't be a spate of calls one would expect in the winter), in each case the two truck took over 90 minutes to arrive, on the 2nd tow, they weren't even sure if they could do the two)--when my AAA came up for renewal (a few days ago) I cancelled. I now have towing through Toyota (due to their special deal for new cars). I don't know (and hopefully won't, if my car doesn't break down) how long they would take to tow me--what experience have others had with AMEX?
Just had the opportunity to use it a couple days ago. i needed a tow so I called the number and was told by the agent that it was worth $50/incident.

He asked me my current location and the location where I needed a tow. The place I needed a tow was about 5 miles away. When I asked if the cost of the tow would exceed my credit, he told me that it was under $50 and would be covered without any further work on my end.

The tow company took exactly an hour to get out to my location (they estimated a max of a hour) and didn't require a signature or my Plat card. Just took down the license plate.

So far so good.