FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay
Old Oct 18, 2012, 5:21 pm
Pseudo Nim

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Tiki
I never could figure out the benefit of targeting promos anyway. I am sure this strategy worked well even up to 5 or 6 years ago but nowadays when EVERYTHING gets posted on forums and blogs, I think targeting works AGAINST a brand. Sure the 10% or whatever may be happy but then the other 90% end up resenting the brand and wondering "What's wrong with me? Why did THEY get invited but I didn't? Why doesn't this brand appreciate me?"

Maybe Wyndham should take a note from Club Carlson. Their Big Night Giveaway promo was open to the first 50,000 who registered and ANY member was eligible to register. If you didn't make the top 50,000, that was YOUR fault for not getting there on time, not Club Carlson's fault.

I am not a big spender but I do use Wyndham properties, I also use Priority Club, Club Carlson and sometimes SPG, depending on who has the best option where I am going. Having said that, I have been giving more and more bookings to Club Carlson lately because I feel that they are fair in how they run their promos and don't pick and choose amongst their members who gets in and who doesn't.

^ completely agree. I am actually in the same boat. When CC ran the 3x50K promo acros their brands this summer, I jumped at the opportunity and stayed in all of their brands during one business trip (my colleagues thought I was raving mad). I have since discovered that some of the Carlson brands are not bad - and I'm staying in one this Sunday again. This bs about maybe qualifying, or maybe not, certainly does not play too well for brand appreciation. I hope they come around.