FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trianon Palace Versailles, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {FRA} (France)
Old Oct 17, 2012, 8:00 am
wwwebster0

Update. Veronique from Waldorf Astoria Trianon palace wrote back to me today apologizing for the inconvenience. I appreciate that someone took the time to do so. She apparently even found the thread in FlyerTalk on her own. The problem with the eStandby upgrades is that they don't see those upgrades very often and so the front desk people were not up to speed on those prices.

It took a few days but my daughter's bites healed up and the only harm done was a few days of itchiness. Despite the unnecessarily adamant comments from the poster above, I believe this was due to the hotel, probably in the wool blanket they gave us and not on purpose. We don't have a dog/cat and no one else besides the one daughter had the problem. I don't stay in hotels in Europe very often, but I am confident that bed bugs do exist. It's up to others whether they believe or not; it doesn't matter to me.

Regarding the Pavilion vs. the main building, the other poster can say what he wants about it, but the Pavilion room I was given was not impressive. "Holiday Inn Express" quality is not saying that the room is bad, just that it's just very "standard" and not 5* Waldorf Astoria. I have stayed in plenty of Holiday Inn's and don't consider myself above them, but Waldorf Astoria is supposed to be multiple steps up. I imagine that most people on this forum would not be thrilled to spend $400/night for this room.

Anyway, wanted to close out the case, so to speak. The Trianon management did eventually acknowledge my complaint and apologized, and that's all I wanted really. Good luck to everyone and enjoy Versailles.