FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another "enhancement" for Govt Flyers
View Single Post
Old Oct 16, 2012, 3:40 pm
Maxwell Smart

Programs: UA Gold; AA Dirt; HH Diamond; National Emerald; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by qukslvr619
I'm sorry but how is this any different from the executive that is flying on the company's dime? I'm not a GS but I guess somehow if I was, the fact that I have to be away from my family, live out of a suitcase, miss important personal events somehow makes me different than the other person? Revenue is revenue, jobs are jobs. If I am within policy, seeking out lowest priced options then what exactly is the problem?

Sarcasm ON

Because as a government traveler you must be a lazy, useless bureaucrat that can't get a job in the private sector and are sucking up taxpayer money traveling for unnecessary reasons. If you MUST travel for official business, some people will only be happy if you're relegated to either the floor or maybe the lav seat on an airplane. Receive some frequent flyer perks? The horror! You're stealing from the taxpayers!

Of course, if instead you're a mid-level executive with a large corporation that gets huge government contracts and you fly on expensive tickets and get FF perks, that's okay, since that's apparently not "taxpayer money".

Sarcasm OFF

If you're working within policy, and seeking out lowest cost options, you're doing things exactly right.