FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:01 pm
JIMCHI

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Well, it's really 1970's. I was a "young adult" in the 70's and lived in San Francisco. The revolving rooftop lounge (the Equinox), now the Regency Club (which no longer revolves) was THE place to take a date. There was a dedicated elevator with long lines to get up there. It was one of the famous architect, John Portman's hotels - I think the second atrium hotel he designed after the Hyatt Regency Atlanta. As such, it has a certain design that can never be changed.

I've always liked it and have stayed there probably 20 times over many years. The rooms are a mixed bag and location is everything at this hotel. My last stay in a room with the bathroom sink and vanity as part of the room (with only toilet being separate) was terrible- like a Fairfield Inn. I'm disappointed they removed all greenery from the balconies overlooking the huge atrium. Hopefully it has or will come back.

In the past, at least, this has been a very special place around Christmas with spectacular decorations and the Kristi Yamaguchi ice rink right outside the door.