FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Star Alliance Award Bookings Using US Airways Miles - FAQ and Help Thread [MERGED]
Old Oct 15, 2012, 5:37 pm
PVDtoDEL

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by berkhawk

1. I can use US Airways DM to book award travel on any segments/flights which are listed in the "Saver Award" column on united.com's award travel search results.
except UA flights - UA gives more saver availability to its own members compared to its partners

Originally Posted by berkhawk
2. Even though (purely as an example) a search of SCL-MSP doesn't reveal any "Saver Award" Economy travel, if I'm able to piece together various segments, all of which have "Saver Award" Economy availability, then I should be able to call US Airways and book that flight, right? Say I'm looking for RT MSP-SCL. Fine on the MSP-SCL portion, but need to get back from SCL a week later. Though nothing showed up when just searching SCL-MSP, I was able to piece together: SCL-PTY, PTY-JFK, EWR-MSP. That's a valid, bookable one-way portion of the RT award, right?
Yes.