FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chicago Seminars Oct 12-14, 2012
View Single Post
Old Oct 15, 2012, 8:56 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I received the following from someone who was due to fly int'ly back right around the time of the warnings.

"We were ready for pushback when they closed the ramp due to thunderstorms... Then came the tornado warning and we all had to evacuate the aircraft."

If all the aircraft due to take off were evacuated that would be one busy terminal, and ORD is all windows! Wonder if they have a spot large enough in the basement to accomodate thousands (thinking how we were all in the ballroom).

Cheers.
I spoke to two FT'ers who said that when they arrived at the airport yesterday passengers inside the secure area were told to go to the bathrooms and stay in there during the tornado warning. Others, as you said, were sent to the basement. Pretty crazy.

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
know a # of FTers hoping for bumps today.
Why wait for today? I know two who were flying DL to MSP, got confirmed onto an earlier flight, then got bumped off that flight ($400 vouchers each) and confirmed on a flight 3-4 hours later. Another couple flying ORD-ATL with DL SDC'd to an earlier flight at the check-in kiosk. Before printing their boarding passes, the kiosk said the flight was oversold and would they like to bid to volunteer