FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SWU madness....
Thread: SWU madness....
View Single Post
Old Oct 14, 2012, 4:59 am
LuvAv8n

Programs: DL DM
EF Pays Off....Again

Originally Posted by LuvAv8n
Same experience on my last international flight. Saw J8, so figured Z would eventually open up. Got my EF notification, looked at my reservation on line, and no upgrade. Called DM desk, and got the same story. "I see you are waitlisted. Should have auto cleared. Sorry. Blah blah blah."

This is one of the many reasons I have EF, because I don't trust Delta's automated system to get things right, especially when I am rolling the bones on a Z = 0 flight. (Yes, I know, there are those of you who will say to only pay M when Z is greater than 0, but business trips are not always so flexible.)

Av8n
Originally Posted by craig44485
+1. Never wait for DL to process it. One time I got the EF alert, called DL, and agent said it would process when it rolled over within the next few hours, pressed her on how long and she said 2 to 3 hours. Checked back in 3 hours and still nothing. Called again and was told not all 3 segments had opened up Z and all 3 needed to do so before the SWU could be processed. (MNL>NRT, NRT>JFK, JFK>PIT) This did not seem right, so I tweeted @DeltaAssist and the person there was able to book me on 2 of the 3 legs, while being on stand-by for the last leg. The main leg I wanted was NRT>JFK which was the one that opened up first, I could live with sitting in the back MNL>NRT or JFK>PIT if it came down to it. It all worked out fine in the end, though for some reason I got the upgrade from my status JFK>PIT and not the SWU, not sure why??
Originally Posted by HongKonger
Never wait for the automated system. When you get your notification, call immediately. Otherwise you are playing with fire.

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Well, glad all of us are onto the game. But this is supposed to be automatic, that's the problem.
This just happened to me again, though Mrs. Av8n is flying this time. Woke up, and in my email I have an EF notification that Z had opened. Pulled up the itinerary, and it still says "waitlist requested", and this is 2 hours and 45 minutes after I was notified! Okay, I quickly call Delta, and grab the seat before everyone else wakes up. I asked, and got the same answer as before "it should have cleared, it's all automated." Well, at least Mrs. Av8n will be enjoying sitting up front on the 9 hour flight.

Last edited by LuvAv8n; Oct 14, 2012 at 6:38 am Reason: Need to use that darn spellchecker!