FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread
View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:52 pm
ExpertFlyer Voice
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Hope this is the appropriate place to ask this question...

I'm a new Premium subscriber to EF. I'm trying to book a couple of biz award seats on a challenging route.

I want to set up a Flight Alert for the route in question, so I'm alerted when new award inventory becomes available. I've figured out how to set up an alert, but it appears that EF will only search for new award seats that become available plus-or-minus three days from any specified date. That's not what I want. I want to set up an alert and essentially "leave it running" and receive alerts whenever new inventory becomes available - not just for 3 days beyond a specific date (which does not seem all that useful to me).

Basically I want to feed it my departure and arrival cities, airline, and the "starting" date for the query, and I want it to ping me via email whenever new inventory that meets those criteria become available.

Am I missing how to do this, or is this just not possible? (and if it's not, is there another tool that does)?

Thanks.
Welcome to ExpertFlyer! I think you may be confusing the Award & Upgrade search and Flight Alerts.

The Award & Upgrade search allows you to search for +/- 3 days. You can then save the search under Saved Queries as a shortcut for the search so you don't have to enter the search parameters again.

Flight Alerts are what check for award or upgrade inventory for you. Each Flight Alert is for a specific day/flight/class and will keep checking the inventory until it either finds the inventory or the flight departs.