FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ORD-AUH-DEL in J, what to expect
View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2012, 7:30 pm
Chgo2AD

Programs: AA PLT Pro, EY Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kyushuman
I just called and wasn't able to get a window for the outbound (wish I'd called a month ago, when it was J9!), now it's J3. Which means some seats are blocked, so I will try for a window at check-in.
For the return AUH-ORD I got 7K, a window! Great.
Does anyone know when EY's check-in at T5 in ORD opens? I am arriving from MSP into the AA terminal at 17:00, almost 4 hours before EY departs. I asked on the AA forum if I could use an AA lounge while I wait for EY to open, and they said if the AAgents are going by the book, then no because it's not a OneWorld flight.... Does anyone have experience with that?
Also, because I have AA flight numbers, I'm not eligible for the Etihad Limo service--even though it's a paid ticket, right?
You should be able to take advantage of the limo service as long as you book on etihad.com using your etihad confirmation number. I've done this many times without issue. As far as check-in time, I don't know that I've ever arrived more than 2 hours prior but it seemed as if they had been open for some time. I want to say it's 3 hours prior but I'm not certain.