FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel (Orchard Road) [Master Thread]
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:09 pm
sammyindc

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
I am a Marriott Rewards Gold Member, who wishes to stay in Dec (overlapping Christmas Day) for 5 nights on points. My wife and our 16 yr old daughter will be accompanying us.

I guess I can get a nice, sizeable room with 2 double beds.

As a Gold member, will we get lounge access - is the lounge open 7 days a week or 5 days a week (we will be spending the full weekend at the hotel, during those 5 nights)? Does the lounge serve continental or full breakfast? Does it serve snacks and beverages during the rest of the day?

How far is it from the airport. We will arrive from Perth Australia via Bangkok on Thai in the evening (between 9 and 10 PM). We wish to leave on a 8 AM SQ flight to ICN - and we wish to take advantage of the Kris Flyer Business Class lounge - we are flying on a business class flight (on points). So, how long would it take to reach the SQ check-in counter from the hotel, so that we can perhaps spend upto 1 hour in the lounge? Should we use the MRT, taxi, or some other means of transportation?

Is this hotel near (ie within walking distance) the shopping district (?Orchard Road), or some other points of interest?

thanks.
Assuming you are staying at the Marriott not RC:
- You will get lounge access 7 days a week
- You will get a full breakfast buffet, snacks and soft drinks during the day, and hors d'oeuvres and cocktails in the evening
- Hotel is 14.3 miles from the airport according to their website which lists transportation options (train station right next to it)
- It is within walking distance to several points of interest including some shopping.(the website gives you an exact map)